Clays - general information
- is unstrengthened sedimentary rock formed by clay minerals with the size less than 2 micron (50%).
- The different rock color depends on the contents of additives.
- Common impurities as quartz, mica, CaCO3, organic matter, Fe compounds, etc.
- glauconitic clays are sold without following treatment
- have good compactibility and very low permeability
- The clays are suitable especially as an earth seal, for example in construction and recultivation of landfills or water construction.